Monday, October 31, 2011

Making time....for carving pumpkins

As promised.....our pumpkin carving adventure :)
We started off with our utensils and several pumpkins.

I decided I would attempt the creative "D".  The others were going for a more traditional jack-o-lantern look.
First step was to cut the tops (which I did on three of the 4 pumpkins....16 year old can do her own!)
Next was the removal of the guts!

Slimey hands!!

 

 
Loving the mess!!


My 16 year old chose a pie pumpkin cuz she wanted a "cute" jack-o-lantern.  She got a mess!  LOL


My 10 year old daughter wanted the seeds for roasted pumpkin seeds.  I let her sort them out :)  She is excited to have them after school today!



Results in the light.
And below....in the dark.


 Top one was carved by my sweet 10 year old, the left by my 7 year old (w/ very little help!) and the middle by my 16 year old.  I did the "D".

What a fun project to make time for!

No comments:

Post a Comment