Saturday, October 22, 2011

Making Time....for cookies and cupcakes

Tomorrow we head to the farm to celebrate my dad's 71st birthday. 
He LOVES my chocolate chip cookies. 
(Sometimes I think that is the only reason he keeps me around!  oh, and the grand kids!)

So today, I made his cookies :) 


Last weekend I made peanut butter cup cupcakes to take to my in laws. 
My brother found out (the magic of Facebook!)  and wondered where his were. 
So, peanut butter cup cupcakes were made as well.



I just made normal devils food cupcakes, inserted peanut butter buttercream frosting from the top with a pastry bag and large tip, fluffed some canned (gasp!) frosting and piped that on top. 
My helper unwrapped the peanut butter cups and placed them on top. 
Last week we used full size peanut butter cups, cut in half, placed with the cut side down. 
Artistically, I like last week's cupcakes better. 
 (However, I was just glad the 16 year old who ran the errand to get the peanut butter cups made it home without the bag being opened!  Her 6 year old brother was her co-pilot!)



And just where is that maid?

Guess I better go make time......for the dishes :)



Amy's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream together:
1/2 cup butter room temp
1/2 cup crisco
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
Mix in:
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Stir in:
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
Add:
1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips

Bake at 375 on preheated baking stone for 11 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment